Ki-Hara Method of Resistance Stretching
What is Ki-Hara?
Ki-Hara is helping create Optimal Flow of Movement and Energy
Flexibility training is an essential component for every individual regardless of fitness levels. Whether it is recovering from a chronic or acute injury, enhancing performance, or improving your well-being, we help you reach your goals. Through customized training utilizing the Ki-Hara Method of Resistance Stretching and Flexibility we address your specific needs.
Ki (Qi) = Circulating Life Force Energy
Hara = Center Axis, Core, Where Ki/Qi Energy is cultivated and stored and circulated through the body
Ki-Hara is utilized in one on one sessions for individuals as well as with elite and professional athletes.
- Refined by Steve Sierra and Anne Tierney of Innovative Body Solutions, Ki-Hara represents a form of flexibility, strength training and core work that optimizes the body.
- Moving the body through multiple planes of movement as you resist allows for concentric and eccentric training (developing strength and flexibility)
- Optimizing the length-tension relationship of the muscles creates changes in bone rotation, structural alignment and muscular performance.
- Ki-Hara offers dynamic change and a holistic approach enhancing your entire body both inside and out.
- It is not merely enough to have length in a muscle, but also strength throughout the range. Ki-Hara combines strength training, and flexibility training to create optimum balance and efficiency in the body.
- Improving the muscle length and function positively impacts all aspects of one's health and well-being.
- In self stretching you provide your own resistance, and during assisted stretching sessions we provide resistance to press against as you move in patterns that go deep into hip and shoulder joints, maximizing flexibility and training in everyday movement patterns.
Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching is a comprehensive and innovative approach to flexibility training. By contracting the muscle as it is lengthened, tension and torque is taken out of the muscles and joints. The results are more powerful, explosive and core stable movements, protection from overstretching, effectively addressing muscle imbalances which are at the root of most injuries. It is a balanced and integrated approach to well-being and creates lasting change.
Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching offers Certification Programs for those wishing to incorporate these methods into their practices.