What is Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching?
Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching is an innovative approach to flexibility training. By contracting the muscle as it is lengthened, tension and torque is taken out of the muscles and joints while under active muscle tissues are activated. The results are more balanced, powerful, joint stable movements, effectively addressing muscle imbalances which are at the root of most injuries. It is a balanced, whole body integrated approach to well-being and creates lasting change inside and out.
WHY Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching is Not “Stretching”
Increased range of motion without the ability to control it is an Injury Waiting to Happen.
Static stretching or pulling on a muscle doesn’t train the muscle or movement pattern, it in fact reduces the muscles effectiveness, like overstretched coils in a spring.
Good Neuromuscular control, athleticism, is being able to accelerate and decelerate the continuum of muscle throughout their ranges and effectively, efficiently transferring energy through the system. This is what we achieve through Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching.
It is what creates joint stability and helps prevent injury and wear and tear. It is having your body move dynamically, efficiently and ultimately in FLOW state.
It is how we were meant to move
IT IS Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching
Benefits of Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching:
- Creates lasting gains in flexibility, strength and aerobic capacity
- Improves mobility, agility, flexibility
- Scientifically backed eccentric strength program
- Improves performance and recovery
- Creates more powerful, and core stable movements
- Realigns the body to improve posture
- Removes chronic joint stress, painful muscle tension and injuries
- Prevents injury from overstretching
- Targets specific areas of existing or potential injury
- Addresses feeling stuck and stiff in your body
Ki (Qi) = Circulating Life Force Energy
Hara = Center Axis, Core, where Ki/Qi Energy is cultivated and stored and circulated through body
Ki-Hara is helping create optimal flow of movement and energy